Book our hydration station for your event
Over the past 10 years we’ve provided free, fresh drinking water at community events across Melbourne’s south east with our two hydration station trailers.
Our hydration stations add value to your event and attendees, providing a sustainable solution to keeping everyone hydrated while reducing single-use plastic. With bubblers and tap options, attendees can refill their own bottles or drink straight from the tap.
We're currently not taking any bookings at this time.
The features of the Hydration Station include:
- Two stainless steel troughs on both sides of the trailer
- Eight drinking taps
- Eight tap outlets for filling drinking bottles
- Mobility to position the station in the best possible location
- The ability to be connected to mains water supply or into a storage tank supply and
- Self-contained lighting for use at night
The trailer is roughly 3.7 metres long, 3.9 metres high and 2.5 metres wide.
Do we need to pay to use the hydration station?
- All not-for-profit events that meet our criteria will be considered for sponsorship – so we’ll cover the cost for you.
- Community events that don’t meet our criteria for sponsorship or if sponsorship isn’t available will be charged a hire fee. Up until 30 June 2022 the hire fee is $836, which covers transport to and from your event, and all set up and pack-up costs
Criteria for use
Before applying to use the hydration station please check that your event meets these criteria:
- located within South East Water’s service areaservice region
- runs for five hours or more
- expects 1,000 or more attendees
- has a drinking water mains tap connection
- isn’t aligned to a political party or lobby group
- doesn’t discriminate against any person(s), organisation(s) or group(s)
- doesn’t conflict with the water industry and government policy
- doesn’t have products or services that are harmful to the environment
- doesn’t support foreign charities
- doesn’t create environmental hazards
- doesn’t increase the likelihood of damage occurring to the hydration station.
Please contact our hydration station team if you’re unsure about any of the above.
1. We’ll assess all applications for the use of a hydration station on a case-by-case basis and against the above criteria.
2 . Events may be charged a $836 (including GST) hire fee up until 30 June 2022 which covers delivery, setup and dismantling costs.
3. Each year we offer free use of the hydration station under a sponsorship arrangement for a fixed number of events, subject to the event meeting our criteria. You can seek sponsorship to waive the $836 hire fee hire fee up until 30 June 2022 for your event by providing a detailed overview of your event. This should include the following:
- if an entry fee is paid, how the money raised will support a local charity or organisation
- a description of the not-for-profit organisation or charitable organisation
- how information, knowledge or services will be provided to the local community
- how entertainment supports local community interests
- whether your event is a celebration of public holidays or cultural days of significance.
4. As part of a sponsorship, we ask that we receive promotional opportunities for South East Water, which may include signage, social media, flyers and newsletters, along with photographs of our hydration station at the event.
5. If your event has used the hydration station before, we’ll assess the sponsorship application using information and knowledge from working with you on the previous event/s such as how much water was used, location, number of attendees, communication, promotional opportunities provided and whether photographs were supplied.